- GIVEN THE CURRENT SITUATION, CAN A MEMBER OPT TO FREEZE HIS / HER ACCOUNT?The temporary closure of Fitness First clubs have been implemented in compliance with the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine mandated by the government until May 31, 2020. We understand that this situation is beyond anyone’s control. During the temporary closure, all members will have their memberships on freeze effective immediately, free of charge, until the club reopens. Dues paid previously will be applied when the clubs reopen. Should a member wish to still freeze his/ her membership after club reopens, a freeze fee will be charged.
- HOW DO I REQUEST TO FREEZE MY MEMBERSHIP?Effective immediately, all memberships will be put on hold during the duration of the Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine.
- WILL THE VALIDITY OF PT PACKAGES BE EXTENDED?We understand the situation and we will be automatically extending the validity of your purchased PT packages for the duration of the closure. Please expect a notification through email once we've processed the extension.
- WHAT HAS FITNESS FIRST BEEN DOING TO MINIMIZE RISK OF COVID-19?
We are taking additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our members, guests and staff. These include:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitization at all of our clubs
- Availability of hand sanitizers at the front desk, GX studio, and other areas of the club
- Requiring all Fitness First staff to declare their health and travel status, especially those have travelled or have come into contact with anyone from countries at high risk for COVID-19.
- Educating and reminding members, guests, and staff to practice good personal hygiene
- Mandatory temperature check will be done upon entry at club reception. Any individual with a temperature equal to 37.5°C or above will be denied access and advised to seek medical assistance.
- Members who travelled to high risk countries are encouraged to undergo a 14-day self- quarantine as recommended by the Department of Health (DOH).
- WHAT CAN MEMBERS DO TO HELP?
Members are encouraged to do their part in keeping the club clean and safe for everyone. We request for your cooperation in adopting these precautionary measures:
- Observe good personal hygiene and practice frequent hand washing with soap and water, and/ or use alcohol-based sanitizer
- Refrain from working out and seek medical attention should you feel unwell
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and dispose soiled tissue paper immediately
- Use our disinfecting sprays to wipe the equipment and mats after using them
- Return used towels and workout kits into the bin
- Bring personal items when working out such as tumblers/ coffee mugs, towels, yoga mats, and boxing gloves
- WHAT WILL FITNESS FIRST DO IF THERE ARE CONFIRMED CASES IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO ANY CLUB?For our members and staff’s health and safety, a thorough disinfection of the club will be conducted should there be any confirmed case within the same building as our clubs. Should the confirmed case be one of our members or staff, he/she and others who have had close contact with him/her will be asked to stay home and monitor their condition. They will be urged to seek medical attention immediately if needed.
- ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS PLACED ON THE USE OF MY INTERNATIONAL FITNESS PASSPORT PRIVILEGES?Following the World Health Organization’s declaration on 11 March 2020 describing Covid-19 as a pandemic, we regret to inform you that we will be implementing a freeze on International Fitness Passport usage for the time being, both in-bound and out-bound. Our clubs will stop issuing International Fitness Passports at Front of House, and members will be declined entry at clubs overseas. Rest assured that we did not make this decision lightly, though after consulting with various relevant bodies with more authority and insight on the matter, this temporary measure is in everybody’s best interest.
While the International Fitness Passport is a complimentary benefit, we acknowledge that this news may be disappointing to some. We apologize for the inconvenience and request your understanding as to our proactive stance; we look forward to advising when International Fitness Passport privileges can be restored. If you have any questions, please feel free to speak to your club General Manager or our Front of House team.