Restart or continue your fitness journey safely with us. Our clubs have been granted the Safety Seal by the government which affirms our compliance with the minimum health and safety standards set against COVID-19.
We have implemented a booking system via our new mobile app to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. As such, you are required to download the new mobile app and book your gym floor access prior to your club visit.
Please click here for our club operating hours .
In compliance with the latest IATF guidelines, we can allow fully vaccinated members and guests to access our clubs. Please bring your vaccination card on your first visit and present to the Front of House team.
To ensure your safety inside our clubs, all our staff on duty are fully vaccinated.
FOLLOW THESE HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES SO WE CAN KEEP EVERYONE SAFE INSIDE OUR CLUBS.
> Book a Gym Access slot through our mobile app prior to your visit.
> Bring your own gloves, mats, sweat and bath towels, workout attire, and water bottles.
> Keep a safe distance from others on the gym floor.
> Wipe down equipment before and after use.
> Avoid contact between your water bottle and water dispenser while refilling. Drinking directly from the water fountain is prohibited.
> Sauna and Steam Room will be temporarily closed.
> Wearing of mask is required at all times.
> Members are required to check out before leaving the club. Check Out Station is located near the exit.
- WHEN WILL THE CLUBS REOPEN?
- HOW ARE YOU PREPARING FOR YOUR CLUB REOPENING?We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. In order to ensure that our clubs are safe for you to train and for our staff to work in, we will be undertaking a series of assessments, inspections, and maintenance procedures which include (but are not limited to) the below:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
- To inspect and test incoming voltage and power outlets
- To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units
- To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational
- To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilized in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
- To clean and chlorinate all swimming pools
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT
- Thoroughly service and clean all fitness equipment according to manufacturer guidelines
- To ensure the conditions of floors, walls, ceilings, doors are non-defective
- To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear
- To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational
- To ensure all lockers, hair dryers are functioning and powered up
- To ensure temperature of sauna, steam room are set at the correct temperature as well as deep cleaned
- WHAT ARE THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS BEING IMPLEMENTED IN THE CLUB?Before our club closure, we have taken additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our members, guests and staff alike, in all Fitness First clubs. We have:
- Required all the staff on duty to be fully vaccinated.
- Stepped up the frequency of cleaning and wipe downs of our equipment and surfaces. After operating hours, our third party cleaners also conduct a nightly deep cleaning to ensure our facilities are thoroughly disinfected.
- Provided hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial sprays for member, guest, and staff use.
- Implemented mandatory staff travel declarations.
- Implemented temperature checks and travel declarations for members and guests upon entry to clubs – anyone recording a temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius or is experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose and sore throat will be declined entry.
- Mandatory temperature checks for staff daily.
- Increased communications to staff and members to educate them about the virus.
- Empowered our General Managers and club teams to monitor guests and cardholders who, if exhibit any flu-like symptoms or seem unwell, to politely ask them to leave the premises and seek immediate medical attention.
- Advised staff to avoid physical contact with members and guests as appropriate. Correction of movement and/or posture will be done verbally or through demonstrations.
We encourage you to bring the below for personal hygiene purposes:
- Boxing gloves
- Aerial yoga hammock
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle
- Sweat and bath towel
- Workout attire
We encourage all members and guests to continue to observe good personal hygiene, maintain good gym etiquette and be socially responsible. It is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.
- WILL THERE BE RESTRICTIONS / LIMITATIONS ON CARDHOLDERS ENTERING THE CLUB?
We allow fully vaccinated members and guests to access the clubs. Only those with pre-booked slots will be allowed entry.
All members and guests are required to wear a mask at all times when inside our clubs.
- ARE YOU LIMITING THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN THE GYM AREA?
Members are required to book a gym access or class slot so we can manage the capacity in the gym area and the studio. We have also implemented restrictions and deactivated some machines, so you are required to leave a gap between treadmills, rowing machines, etc.
We are encouraging all visitors to practice social distancing as best they can.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACCESS THE CLUB UPON ITS REOPENING?
Before your visit
You’ll need to pre-book access to the gym floor and group classes through our new mobile application.
During your visit
Please observe the following guidelines:
Show your app to our Front of House team to verify your booking.
Present your vaccination card on your first visit.
Sanitize your hands upon entry and exit.
Wear a mask at all times.
Observe good personal hygiene including wiping down equipment before and after use.
Observe safe social distancing.
Bring your own sweat & bath towels, tumbler, workout attire, boxing gloves, and yoga mats.
Check out before leaving the club. Check Out Station is located near the exit.
- IF I JUST WANT TO USE THE CARDIO/ STRENGTH AND/OR FREE WEIGHTS AREA, DO I STILL NEED TO MAKE A BOOKING?Yes, you must make a booking in order to gain access to the gym - select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app (subject to availability of slots).
- WILL THERE BE GROUP FITNESS CLASSES CONDUCTED IN YOUR CLUBS?Yes, in-club group classes are back on our timetable. All members and guests are required to book a slot through the mobile app.
- HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE GYM?
This will depend on your booking session. Please adhere to your booked timelines and leave immediately after your session.
- DOES THE TIME SLOT INCLUDE THE TIME I WILL NEED TO SHOWER / CHANGE?Yes, the time slot will cater for time to allow for a quick shower/ change.
- WHY DO I NEED TO BOOK GYM FLOOR ACCESS?We have implemented this new booking system to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. This, together with some other new in-club guidelines, seek to mitigate the health risks surrounding Covid-19. We continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding this global health pandemic and will adjust our policies accordingly in response to new developments.
- CAN I FREEZE MY MEMBERSHIP IF I AM NOT READY TO HIT THE GYM?We understand that some of you may need more time to decide if you are ready to kickstart your fitness journey. Please reach out to our Member Services Team viaemailso you can know more about our freeze options.
- WHY DID FITNESS FIRST IMPLEMENT A TEMPORARY FREEZE ON THE INTERNATIONAL FITNESS PASSPORT?Following the World Health Organization’s declaration on 11 March 2020 describing Covid-19 as a pandemic, we regret to inform you that we will be implementing a freeze on International Fitness Passport usage for the time being, both in-bound and out-bound, for the wellbeing and safety of our members and employees.
We apologize for the inconvenience and request your understanding as to our proactive stance; we look forward to advising when International Fitness Passport privileges can be restored.