We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. Our facilities team has completed a series of inspections and servicing procedures to make sure that our clubs are safe to welcome you back.
For your safety and wellbeing, we have implemented a booking system via our new mobile app to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. As such, you are required to download the new mobile app and book your gym floor access and/or classes prior to your club visit.
THE PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units.
To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational.
To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilised in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT
To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear.
To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational.
As you return, below are the safety measures we have implemented for your wellbeing:
> Book a Gym Access slot through our mobile app prior to your visit.
> Fill out the Health Declaration prior to visiting the club.
> Bring your own gloves, mats, sweat and bath towels, workout attire, and water bottles.
> Have your temperature checked and hands sanitized when you enter and leave.
> Keep a safe distance from others on the gym floor.
> Wipe down equipment before and after use.
> Follow directional signage to navigate safely around the club.
> Avoid contact between your water bottle and water dispenser while refilling. Drinking directly from the water fountain is prohibited.
> Sauna and Steam Room will be temporarily closed.
> Wearing of mask is required upon entry & exit, and while walking around the club. You may remove your mask only while doing exercise activities for your safety.
> Members are required to check out before leaving the club. Check Out Station is located near the exit.
- WHEN WILL THE CLUBS REOPEN?Good news! We will be reopening all our clubs on 2 September 2020.
- HOW ARE YOU PREPARING FOR YOUR CLUB REOPENING?We can’t wait to have you back to continue your fitness journey with us. In order to ensure that our clubs are safe for you to train and for our staff to work in, we will be undertaking a series of assessments, inspections, and maintenance procedures which include (but are not limited to) the below:
MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND WATER SYSTEMS ASSESSMENT
- To inspect and test incoming voltage and power outlets
- To clean air filters and service all air conditioning units
- To ensure all emergency life-saving systems are operational
- To ensure water systems are flushed and sterilized in compliance with local authority standards. This includes drinking fountains and water in the showers.
- To clean and chlorinate all swimming pools
FITNESS EQUIPMENT ASSESSMENT
- Thoroughly service and clean all fitness equipment according to manufacturer guidelines
- To ensure the conditions of floors, walls, ceilings, doors are non-defective
- To ensure fire extinguishers are operational, emergency escape routes are clear
- To ensure the sound system, TVs, WiFi are operational
- To ensure all lockers, hair dryers are functioning and powered up
- To ensure temperature of sauna, steam room are set at the correct temperature as well as deep cleaned
- WHAT ARE THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE WHEN YOU REOPEN?Before our club closure, we have taken additional precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our cardholders, guests and staff alike, in all Fitness First clubs. We have:
- Stepped up the frequency of cleaning and wipe downs of our equipment and surfaces. After operating hours, our third party cleaners also conduct a nightly deep cleaning to ensure our facilities are thoroughly disinfected.
- Provided hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial sprays for member, guest, and staff use.
- Implemented mandatory staff travel declarations.
- Implemented temperature checks and travel declarations for cardholders and guests upon entry to clubs – anyone recording a temperature above 37.5oC or is experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose and sore throat will be declined entry.
- Mandatory temperature checks for staff daily.
- Increased communications to staff and cardholders to educate them about the virus.
- Empowered our General Managers and club teams to monitor guests and cardholders who, if exhibit any flu-like symptoms or seem unwell, to politely ask them to leave the premises and seek immediate medical attention.
- Advised staff to avoid physical contact with cardholders and guests as appropriate. Correction of movement and/or posture will be done verbally or through demonstrations.
- We have also implemented additional control measures to ensure sufficient social distancing including reducing the capacity of Group Fitness classes.
When we reopen, we encourage you to bring the below for personal hygiene purposes:
- Boxing gloves
- Aerial yoga hammock
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle
- Sweat and bath towel
- Workout attire
We encourage all cardholders to continue to observe good personal hygiene, maintain good gym etiquette and be socially responsible. It is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.
- WILL THERE BE RESTRICTIONS / LIMITATIONS ON CARDHOLDERS ENTERING THE CLUB?All Visitors are required to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the facilities.
Members are also required to complete and fulfill a health declaration form sent via email prior to their club visit.
Access to the club is exclusive to members only at this point. Only those with pre-booked slots will be allowed entry to the club.
- ARE YOU LIMITING THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN THE GYM AREA?
Members are required to book a gym access slot so we can manage the capacity in the gym area. We have also implemented restrictions and deactivated some machines, so you are required to leave a gap between treadmills, rowing machines, etc.
We are encouraging all visitors to practice social distancing as best they can.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ACCESS THE CLUB UPON ITS REOPENING?Before your visit
You’ll need to pre-book access to the following through our new mobile application. Pre-booking on the app is mandatory to:
> Access the gym floor (subject to availability – select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app)
Fill out the Health Declaration Form which will be sent via email prior to visiting the club
During your visit
Please observe the following guidelines:
Show your app to our Front of House team to verify your booking.
Have your temperature checked at Front of House upon entry – we reserve the right to deny entry if your temperature is 37.5 degrees and above.
Sanitize your hands upon entry and exit.
Wear a mask at all times.
Observe good personal hygiene including wiping down equipment before and after use.
Observe safe social distancing at all times.
Bring your own sweat & bath towels, tumbler, workout attire, boxing gloves, and yoga mats.
Check out before leaving the club. Check Out Station is located near the exit.
- IF I JUST WANT TO USE THE CARDIO/ STRENGTH AND/OR FREE WEIGHTS AREA, DO I STILL NEED TO MAKE A BOOKING?Yes, you must make a booking in order to gain access to the gym - select ‘Gym Floor Access’ on the app (subject to availability of slots).
- WILL THERE BE GROUP FITNESS CLASSES CONDUCTED IN YOUR CLUBS?In compliance with the official guidelines from DTI, only individual workouts are allowed when we reopen. Group fitness classes will be temporarily unavailable. Please stay tuned for further announcements on when classes will resume.
- HOW LONG CAN I STAY IN THE GYM?This will depend on the Gym Floor Access slot, which you must book prior to your visit to the gym.
- DOES THE TIME SLOT INCLUDE THE TIME I WILL NEED TO SHOWER / CHANGE?Yes, the time slot will cater for time to allow for a quick shower/ change.
- WHY DO I NEED TO BOOK GYM FLOOR ACCESS?We have implemented this new booking system to manage the number of people in the club at any one time, and taking into consideration safe social distancing guidelines. This, together with some other new in-club guidelines, seek to mitigate the health risks surrounding Covid-19. We continue to monitor the circumstances surrounding this global health pandemic and will adjust our policies accordingly in response to new developments.
- CAN I FREEZE MY MEMBERSHIP IF I AM NOT READY TO HIT THE GYM?We understand that some of you may need more time to decide if you are ready to kickstart your fitness journey. Please reach out to our support team so you can know more about our freeze options. You may email us at email@example.com.
- WHY DID FITNESS FIRST IMPLEMENT A TEMPORARY FREEZE ON THE INTERNATIONAL FITNESS PASSPORT?Following the World Health Organization’s declaration on 11 March describing Covid-19 as a pandemic, we regret to inform you that we will be implementing a freeze on International Fitness Passport usage for the time being, both in-bound and out-bound, for the wellbeing and safety of our members and employees.
We apologize for the inconvenience and request your understanding as to our proactive stance; we look forward to advising when International Fitness Passport privileges can be restored.