Skipping breakfast can lead to some sort of overeating later in the day. That’s why skipping breakfast is usually a bad idea. So here are some easy, crunchy, irresistible recipes to sink your chompers into. They’re just the post-workout nutrition you need, too! Think of your morning workout and breakfast as a package deal!
Savoury Oatmeal with Fried Egg
Protein, 18g; carbohydrate, 24g; fat, 12g (276 kcal)
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cheese (parmesan or cheddar)
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup diced bell peppers
1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes (yellow and red)
2 finely chopped onions
2 tsp finely chopped parsley
Slice of lemon
Salt and pepper
Crushed nuts (any nuts will do)
1. Soak oats in water with cheese. Microwave the mixture for between one and two minutes. Stir and leave aside.
2. Fry egg.
3. Cook bell pepper, tomatoes and onions until soft; add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Sprinkle parsley and lemon juice over everything.
Thai basil egg muffin
Protein, 11g; carbohydrate, 6g; fat, 7g (131 kcal per muffin)
1 cherry tomato
2 pcs basil leaves
1 tsp cheese
1. Oil baking pan and break egg into it. Stir.
2. Cut cherry tomato in half, put into baking pan together with basil leaves and cheese.
3. Bake at 180ºC for six minutes or until cooked.
4. Sprinkle chili flakes and add fish sauce to taste.
Tofu scramble with potatoes
Protein, 15g; carbohydrate, 19g; fat: 14g (262 kcal)
2 pcs extra-firm tofu
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups spinach, loosely chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
Add water to thin
Bake POTATO with olive oil , salt, pepper
Cilantro for garnish and added taste (optional)
1. Drain tofu to dry, set aside.
2. Bake potato with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Prepare sauce by adding all ingredients together. Set aside.
4. Cook all vegetables in a medium-sized skillet on medium heat until softened; add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Put aside all the cooked vegetables in skillet, and add tofu and sauce. Mix all together, and stir well. Cook until tofu browns.
6. Serve with baked potato and sprinkle cilantro.
Zoodles Breakfast Bowl
Protein, 19g; carbohydrates, 24g; fat, 22 g (370 kcal)
1 large zucchini
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves
2 sweet potatoes
2 eggs 1 for fried egg; 1 for avocado cream)
2 tsp green onion
Salt and pepper
1. Make zucchini into zoodles. Set aside.
2. Grill sweet potato with olive oil. No seasoning.
3. Blend 1/2 clove garlic, 1/2 avocado, 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper, and water into cream texture.
4. Prepare fried egg.
5. Stir zucchini with avocado cream, and top with grilled sweet potato, egg and green onions.
Fruit Smoothie Bowl
Protein, 14g; carbohydrates, 36g; fat, 22g (398 kcal)
1. Soak chia seeds in water for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
½ cup almond milk
2 tsp almond slices
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp dark chocolate powder
2. Blend banana, avocado and almond milk into smoothie texture.
3. Pour smoothie into bowl and top with all the ingredients.
Protein, 13g; carbohydrates, 35g; fat, 16g (336 kcal)
1 tsp chia seeds
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup low fat milk
½ cup Greek yogurt
3 tsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Cinnamon powder, dark chocolate powder and coconut floss
Extras (choose your colour theme!)
Mango, strawberry, kiwi fruit, jack fruit and dragon fruit
Method 1. Stir all base ingredients together.
2. Layer base and extras for best visual effect.
3. Top with preferred ingredients.